- Before a practical test can be booked, you must
have passed your theory test.
- Take both parts of your provisional licence and
theory test pass certificate with you to the test.
- The practical test starts with an eyesight check –
you must read a number plate that is a certain distance away. If you use driving
glasses, make sure you take them with you. Failure of the eyesight test means
you cannot take the remainder of the test.
- This is followed by 2 Show Me Tell Me (vehicle
safety) questions. See separate page for a full list of the questions and
- The driving part lasts for approximately 40 minutes
and includes 2 of the following manoeuvres:
Reversing around a
Turn the car around in
Reverse (bay) park –
only at certain test centres where parking bays are available.
- The emergency stop may be
included as an addition.
- The pass mark allows up to 15
driving faults. A serious or dangerous fault is an automatic
- The examiner will tell you immediately after your
test has finished if you have passed or failed.
- If you pass, your full licence is sent to you
you plan to use your own car for the test it must have specific
manufacturer’s documentation or modifications (such as extra
speedo for the examiner’s use) and be fit for purpose. For more
information look on the DSA
To book your practical test:
Online booking service or telephone 0300 200 1122
Visit the DSA online
Twitter Page for more up to date information
The test costs £62. Some test
centres provide weekend tests, but these tend to be more
There are test centres local to the
Ryedale area in Malton, Scarborough or York.
For More Information, please
contact Mark on:
Mobile: 07884 194760
Home: 01751 430654